Cynthia Thielen

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

My headquarters opening

Nine days ago when the Republican Committee selected me to run this race, I started from scratch. We didn’t have a sign, an office, a bumper sticker, a scheduled speaking engagement, a volunteer outside my own family, or a campaign account, much less a dime to put in it.

Now, nine days later, we have all those things and more. We have our headquarters. We have a calendar full of campaign appearances, including invitations to AARP, Rotary Club and more. The phone has been ringing off the hook with people wanting to help in any way they can. And in the few days our campaign account has been open, we’ve received an outpouring of donations, with pledges of tens of thousands more to come. We have hit the ground running, and we are going to keep ip the pace all the way to November 7.

I want to speak directly to the over one hundred thousand Ed Case voters out there. I know that to many of you Ed Case was a fresh voice of moderation, independence, and change from the status quo. Many of you are deeply disappointed at the result of the Democratic primary, and even more disappointed at the message that the Democratic machine sent, loud and clear, that it is not interested in moderation, or independence, or change.

I am here to tell you that your chance to change politics in Hawaii is not lost. My message and spirit is much closer to that of Representative Case than the incumbent’s is. That’s why so many Ed Case supporters have already offered support for my campaign. That’s why I am asking you not to give up hope for bipartisanship and moderation in Hawaii

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home